For some time now (*cough* 10 years), I've been planning to make a ready-to-hang version of my images that wouldn't require framing... or matting, or measuring, or figuring out the style of frame that would work best, or any of those other things that stand between the purchase of art and the actual enjoyment of it in your home. I don't know about you, but I have artwork in my closet that was purchased years ago and is still unframed in the shipping box instead of hanging on my walls.
I made a few things for myself and tested some ideas but I didn't love any of them so most ended up in a garage cabinet never to see the light of day again, you know, like that unframed art they're sitting next to.
A few years ago I bought a birch panel for a project I was doing for my husband and as I was sitting there making this item I realized that was the solution! If I mounted images on these not only would it be ready to hang, but it would also stand on its own which opens up so many other places to put art in the home.
I've been having so much fun placing them around our house on tabletops, nestled among seasonal displays on a buffet and coffee table, adding art to bedside tables, filling in a tiny empty spot in a wall arrangement and creating a mini gallery wall in our entry. I'm looking forward to making more and mixing and matching sizes and designs!
About the Blocks
- The professional quality print is mounted then coated with 3 layers of non-yellowing protective spray + brush on sealer.
- Block is stained a neutral grey and is finished so it can be viewed from all sides.
- A card with the title of the piece is mounted in the back and the piece will be signed and dated.
- Blocks are made to order so please allow 7-10 days for shipping.
- Custom sizes are available for some prints. Contact me with questions.